Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
Annapurna Base Camp is a prime destination for your next adventure. You will gain access to beautiful landscapes, lovely people, vibrant cultures, blooming Rhododendron forests, and views of several 8000 meter plus high Mountains.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek (also called Annapurna Sanctuary Trek) is a classic trek sited north of beautiful Pokhara valley. This trek is a mixture of some of the most fabulous mountain scenery, lively cultures and traditional ethnic people, the Gurung and Thakali people and natural hot springs along the trail. Some two thirds of all trekkers make their way to Annapurna region each year. This trek provides you unparalleled access to the spectacular views of the Annapurna mountain range.
You will see five mountains with the same name; ANNAPURNA I, II, III, IV and ANNAPURNA SOUTH, in the region all ranging above 7000 meters. Mt. Dhawalgiri (8167 m) which is highest in the region and Mt. Machapuchre (Fish tail 6997 m) which dominates the skyline view over Pokhara are other notable mountains of the region.
The trek starts from beautiful lake city of Pokhara and winds through the lush subtropical forest along the narrow Modi Khola valley and incredible farming villages to the celestial base camp of Machapuchre into the Annapurna sanctuary. Once you stand in the Annapurna sanctuary, there is 360-degree mountain views around you. The scenery is simply spectacular.
We use best available mountain lodges called “tea houses” for good night sleep and meals in this trek, which will be arranged by our experienced guides.
Day 01 – Arrival in Kathmandu
- Arrival in Kathmandu received & transfer to hotel. Rest of the day enjoy looking around the nearby area on own, O/N at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 02 – Sightseeing & Trek preparation in Kathmandu
- Cultural excursion in Kathmandu. Meeting with Trekking guide & last minute preparation before heading for trekking, O/N at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 03 – Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Breakfast at hotel then drive approx 6 hours to Pokhara by SIC Coach- A popular town on the lap of Himalayas & Lakes. On the way enjoy beautiful landscape, scattered village, Local market place & Revarine valley. Arrival, Check in, Leisure & stroll around the market place or Lake, O/N at hotel in Pokhara
Day 04 – Trekking to Tolka (1810m)
- 4 hours, after Breakfast take a short drive (half an hour) to Trekking starting Point called Phedi & trek towards Tolka along the Dhampus village with awesome views of local village & Annapurna Mountain Range, O/N at Family run Inn.
Day 05 -Trekking to Chhomrong (2040m)
- 5 hours, breakfast & commence trekking with better views & wonderful landscape. Enjoy the great time all the way crossing many local village & talking with small kinds on the way. Arrival Chhomrong & leisure or looking around, O/N at Famly run Inn
Day 06 -Trekking to Himalaya Hotel (2950m)
- 6 hours, Today the trails follows Chhomrong stream towards Himalaya hotel. There is a ACAP check point on the way & one most present the permits & get a stamp. Then continue walking for couple of hours with outstanding views before reaching to Himalaya hotel, O/N at Family run Inn
Day 07 -Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp (4130m)
- 7 hours, today is the most important day as we are going to achieve our goal to get to the Base Camp of Annapurna. Early morning commence walking with amazing views all around. Get to Machhapuchhre Base camp first, later continue walking & finally you will arrive on your Destination the ABC. Annapurna Base Camp is also known as Annapurna Sanctuary, since it’s surrounded all sides by awesome Himalayas, O/N at Family run Inn
Day 08 – Trek back to Bamboo (2345m)
- 6 hours, fter enjoying the great morning views of surrounding Mountains, have breakfast & commence walking back on the same route to Bamboo, O/N at a Family run Inn
Day 09 -Trek back to Jhinu hot Spring (1780m)
- 5 hours, follow the same route until Chhomrong along the Rhododendron & bamboo forest. Arrival Jhinu & you can enjoy the bath on natural Hot Spring pond, O/N at a Family run Inn
Day 10 – Trek down to Ghandruk (1940m)
- 4 hours, comfortably walk down to Ghandruk following the Modi Khola river. Explore vibrant ethnic Gurung village of mid- hill region, O/N at a Family run Inn
Day 11 -Trek down to Nayapul (3 hours), then drive to Pokhara, 1.5 hours
- Today is the final day of our wonderful walking journey on the Annapurna region, walk down to Nayapul along the Modi Khola. Upon arrival at Nayapul, catch a Vehicle & drive to Pokhara. Later rest or enjoy the evening with friends & staffs, O/N at hotel Pokhara
Day 12 – Pokhara to Kathmandu
- After B/F at hotel, drive back to Kathmandu on Tourist SIC Coach. Leisure or looking around local market for last minute shopping or personal activities on own, O/N hotel in Kathmandu
(Note: Can take flight to return Kathmandu instead of drive | Cost extra !)
Day 13 – Rest day in Kathmandu
- Leisure in Kathmandu, shopping or personal activities. Also considered as spare day incase of delay to arrive Kathmandu, O/N at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 14 – Fly Back Home
- After Breakfast transfer to Airport on time & fly home with wonderful memories…
All land transportation by car/ jeep/ van/ bus as per itinerary
4 night accommodation in Kathmandu on double sharing basis
Guided half day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
2 night accommodation in Pokhara on double sharing basis
TIMS, National Park entry fee & necessary documentations
All food (3 meals a day from Day 04 to 11) during trekking in the Mountain
Simple accommodation on twin/ triple or whatever available in the Mountains
Warm Sleeping Bag each participants as supplement during the trekking
An experience, licensed, English speaking trekking guide & 1 Porter for each two participants
All expenses of Guide & porter, including their Salary, food, accommodation, gear, trekking gear & insurance
First aid Medical supplies
All tax, toll & necessary ground fee…
Nepal entry Visa fee (https://thehimalayatrekkingcompany.com/tourist-visa/ ) & personal insurance (must)
Single supplement charges if required
Entrance/ monuments fees in Kathmandu
Hot/ cold drinks, Laundries, Telephone etc.
Personal trekking gear
Any extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen causes, such as emergency helicopter evacuation, landslide, flight cancellation, illness, weather hazards etc.
Any other expenses or activities not mentioned above as included in price.
An adventure trip of this type: weather, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is however, a very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interest of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, however we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays. Please remind that you are travelling at your own risk !!!