Helambu Trek – 10 Days
Helambu trekking is probably the closest trek to Kathmandu. With stunning views of great mountains and excellent culture of the Tamang and Sherpa people, this easy trek is a rewarding experience for those looking for an easier trek. Helambu trekking is also a part of wider Langtang Circuit trek.
Helambu trekking covers the diverse range of amazing green valleys, beautiful rhododendron forests, hospitable local people and cultural harmony of Buddhist and Hindus. The ideal short trek region is remains relatively unspoiled, noted for its grandeur vista and pleasant climate.
Just an hours drive will takes us to the Sundarijal where we commence walking through the Shivapuri National Park and reach Shivapuri ridge in couple of hours. Interestingly Shivapuri National Park is the main source of all running water of Kathmandu valley. From here we observe the great view of Himalayas including Gauri Shankar (7134m), Ganesh Himal (7405m), Langtang Lirung (7246m) and many more.
Walking through the wonderful ridge and valleys we pass Kutumsang, Tharepari and reach Tarke Ghyang a beautiful Sherpa village with one of the oldest and biggest monasteries in the region. Helambu is originally named after the Helmu caste of Sherpa. With beautiful scenery and culture, we walk for a couple of days towards Shermathang, Taramarang and finally arrive to Melamchi Bazaar where we catch our transfer vehicle and drive to Kathmandu.
Day 01 – Arrival in Kathmandu
- Arrival in Kathmandu received & transfer to hotel. Followed by short briefing of the program & rest of the day enjoy looking around the nearby area on own, O/N at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 02 – Sightseeing & Trek preparation in Kathmandu
- Cultural excursion in Kathmandu. Meeting with Trekking guide & last minute preparation before heading for trekking, O/N at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 03 – Kathmandu to Sundarijal (1460m)
- 5 hours, After breakfast, short drive to Sundarijal & commence trekking uphill along the Shivapuri National Park to Chisapani (2300m), O/N at Local lodge (B,L,D)
Day 04 – Trekking Chisapani to Kutumsang (2445m)
- 7 hours, O/N at Local lodge (B,L,D)
Day 05 – Trekking Kutumsang to Thadepati (3650m)
- 6 hours, O/N at Local Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 06 – Trekking Thadepati to Tarkey Ghyang (2560m)
- 6 hours, O/N at Local Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 07 – Trekking Tarkey Ghyang to Sermathang (2610m)
- 4 hours, O/N at Local Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 08 – Trekking Sermathang to Melamchi Pul Bazaar & drive to Kathmandu
- 3 hours, O/N at hotel in Kathmandu (B,L)
Day 09 – Rest day in Kathmandu (B)
- Leisure in Kathmandu, shopping or personal activities. Also considered as spare day in case of delay to arrive Kathmandu, O/N at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 10 – Fly Back Home (B)
- After B/F at hotel, drive back to Kathmandu. Leisure or looking around local market for last minute shopping or personal activities on own, O/N hotel in Kathmandu
Day 11 – Rest day in Kathmandu
- After Breakfast transfer to Airport on time & fly home with wonderful memories…
Internal flights/transport both ways where applicable
4 night standard accommodation in Kathmandu on double sharing BB basis
Guided half day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
TIMS, National Park entry fee & necessary documentations
Both way flight ticket to Lukla for guest & guide with airport taxes
All food (3 meals a day from Day 03 to 12 & 1 breakfast on 13th morning)
Local lodging during the trekking (Twin sharing bed, occasionally dormitory style)
Warm Sleeping Bag each participants as supplement during the trekking
An experience, licensed, English speaking trekking guide & 1 Porter for each two participants
All expenses of Guide & porter, including their Salary, food, accommodation, gear, trekking gear & insurance
First aid Medical supplies
All tax, toll, etc…
Nepal entry Visa fee (https://thehimalayatrekkingcompany.com/tourist-visa/ ) & personal insurance (must)
Single supplement charges if required
Entrance/ monuments fees in Kathmandu
Hot/ cold drinks, Laundries, Telephone etc.
Personal trekking gear
Any extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen causes, such as emergency helicopter evacuation, landslide, flight cancellation, illness, weather hazards etc.
Any other expenses or activities not mentioned above as included in price.
An adventure trip of this type: weather, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is however, a very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interest of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimise its effect, however we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays. Please remind that you are travelling at your own risk !!!